Tuesday 9 April 2013

It continues...

September babies have all the fun... 

September

As August came to a close and the first real signs of spring began to appear so did the event list, and the biggest of them all my birthday ...so begged the question what to do and of course what to wear?

As my love of 50's rockabilly culture and yesteryear in general was showing no signs of relenting, i decided that a 50's themed birthday was only fitting! 

Once I determined that the family HQ was not an option I decided it would be necessary to re-try all possible venues to make an informed decision - the cocktails needed to be good! 

The chosen venue - Hinky Dinks in Darlinghurst. If you haven't yet then you most defiantly should! 
The outfit was a little more tricky, I knew what i wanted but I also knew how I wanted it to sit and I was not content to simply buy it over the Internet and live with the results... 
Now obviously I love shopping and the expedition to find my birthday dress filled me with excitement. 
Finding time for this however was a thought I dreaded! Enter my sporadically Amazing male friend that will hence forth be know as the German! 
The German, who has a slight obsession with old hot rods, pointed me in the direction of a fantastic boutique run by a mate of his, Bexterity- defiantly worth a visit. 
So many dresses that i loved but only one could be 'the' dress and 'the' dress it was! 
Classic 50's halter dress in Navy and White with a perfectly flared skirt. 
Cue the quote of the evening from bachelor no#2 

"So ... How do you feel? As great as you look!"

Snap! Thank you dress your officially paid for! 

Check it out below...

Also in September was the engagement party of one of my favourite couples, it was a fun filled afternoon of cocktails, ciders and great views of the city from our rooftop perch. 
Sans my chosen bachelor and feeling the slight light headiness that comes when going to a place you've had bad experiences with, I chose an outfit to lift my mood, It worked! And I think the pretty balloons i had to carry totally worked to accessorize my look! 

A regular fixture on this blog is my cutie pie nephew and slightly delayed was a party for his second birthday at little pudding HQ! 
It was the last time that bachelor no #1 was to make an appearance as the following phrase comes to mind; 

"were so over we need a new word for over!"- Carry Bradshaw

As he came and left alone I have to admit the presence of my very best and most favourite giraffe and the entire little pudding menu was appreciated. 
Its a good thing my outfit was almost as cute as my nephew!

The next which event I couldn't have predicted and I dare say I couldn't have written it any cutier than it happened, is also yours and my introduction to Bachelor no #3 and who will also now be known as Mr. 

Mr happened upon my voice on the other end of the phone when he rang looking for a cheap quote. 
Never having been exactly cheap... it wasn't long till he was calling again to ask if it was possible to get  the version sans gold platting! He had one of those truly sexy male voices so a light flirtation ensued. 
Ultimately I couldn't help him with his request however after a slightly awkward ending to our conversation, I received the following message; 

"I know this is hell inappropriate but you sound fun. 
How often do you get asked out through work?" - Mr

First date outfit needed! I wanted to look sexy but cute (something I would say is kinda my signature look) the girl next door! 
It was a great date and the kiss at the end - wow! 
This is one Mr that I'd like to keep around!
 

Wat I'm Wearing~ (L-R 1. Dotti black jeans worn as capri's, Vintage yellow silk blouse, Red Avocado blazer and Legs Avenue sailor heals and my favourite miss shop scarf 2. The Birthday dress -w white Patent leather Bow belt and red Allanah Hill bow sling backs 3. Blue Glassons dress w Rose print pink Wheels & Dollbaby cardigan, Tempt belt, black floral wedges and vintage Oroton sling bag. 4. Yellow Sportsgirl paisley lace dress, black Allanah hill Floral and Sequin cardigan, Bulgari sunnies and Peeptoe tan strappy heals!


P.P.S- shout outs to the crazy Croat and the Spanyaid featured above and the great cocktails -of course!

October 

October was a silly month or  more correctly the silly month that took my new Mr away to the USA... for a month! So I spent the time perfecting my Bessie Bardot and getting him acquainted with some of the more amazing pieces in my lingerie draw. 

In the mean time I went to Melbourne for some much needed retail therapy and time with girlfriends. 
I spent my time in October with great cocktails and great friends. 

I also found time to attend the Ralph Lauren new season launch at David Jones gorgeously renovated 7th floor. 

As the month drew to a close I managed to squeeze in a great little escape to the mountains with the family, it was a fun weekend of markets and food and fabulous wine- I think my gorgeous nephew took out the fashion fabulous award though - don't you? 


Wat I'm (only just) wearing~ (top then Bottom) Aviators stolen from a party, Legs Avenue Polka dot shear cami and  CK black lace brazilian cut briefs 2. Hot Topic hot pink and black bustier!
 

The amazing cocktail creations at Marmalade located in Phrahran, Melbourne.

November and December tomorrow! 

Until then ... 

Danni Belle  xo

No comments:

Post a Comment