Saturday 11 February 2012

The lady that lunches

You would think that having time off would give me plenty of time right? Wrong!
It simply amazed me how fast my week was populated between family, friends, boys that make my knees weak and those potential next contracts, my week was overflowing with social engagements!





Nephewing...

Mondays agenda to quote Carrie Bradshaw saw me "try on two new labels" Fleur Wood & new mother uni student. No, I haven't had a baby and taken up a degree! I agreed to help my sister with my cutie pie nephew nicholas whilst she had a meeting with a potential new supplier on campus at unsw (thats right -LP goods soon to be available on lower kensington campus - u heard it here first!)

Dressed in my new pale blue v neck embroidered Fleur Wood wrap dress that reminds me of something out of the notebook, with my tan mules and big white collette 'mum' bag , I was ready for a day of pram pushing through the park and those adoring looks that seem to follow our little nicca bear wherever we take him.
Reality ... Just a tad different!
My turbulent relationship with the weather continued as the wind kicked up & played mischievous with my dress!
My dress blowing up every five minutes, my hair looking more deshevelled then deconstructed cool and still attempting to push the pram in a strait direction, I could almost forgive the disapproving looks from grungy 2nd year Psychology students rushing down campus.
I decided that trotting around campus wasn't going to work as a plan and my inner fear of being mistaken as a teenage mother forced my retreat to the uni field nearby...
Greatly impressed with this development nicholas took to picking me flowers- so cute!
If only all the males in my life were this easy to please :)

Check out how chic my sister makes mother hood look whilst playing in the park post appointment.




Cafe Styling ...


Coffee with a mate who's ringtone has recently been changed in my phone to LMFAOs "I'm sexy and i know it"(to paint a picture) on my agenda and lunch with a GF we all call China, (Ironically she's not Chinese and she doesn't resemble fine dinner wear or porcelain in any way).
feeling  slightly bloated this morning and spent too much time looking at potential next jobs - I have to rush to get out the door on time, I grab ....Dark denim jeans, Tan belt,  a favorite red and beige pokadot Allannah silk cami & my red blazer! shoes? flats - cute little black ballets i picked up last winter from Rubi shoes!

Coffee never quite happened on account of my running eternally late however this gave way to being able to meet up with china muffin early and in a turn of brilliant luck we ended up at Cafe Sydney,
well some one has to do it, right?
Great lunch and my peach bellini  was delicious, Its the dessert however that takes the cake (pardon the pun!) fried banana, Peanut butter and salted caramel Parfait with salted caramel peanuts and choc caramel praline... It was heaven on a plate!

Now wheres that gym located again???





Chicks who Flick... 

The Vow has recently made its Channing Tatem shirtless way to our screens and again its china for the hook up with free tickets to a Chicks at the flicks event.

I needed comfort for this and the rain was still threatening very few hours however as it was chic event I also needed cool because as very self confessed fashion diva knows - its not the guys you dress up for, I mean they'd be happier if we all wore nothing... exhibit A zoo magazine!

I went for a black mini, grey v neck distressed cotton shirt, black tuxedo blazer, beige seam line fishnets and tan healed biker boots...topped up with lots of long chains and bracelets

The movie was fab and the goodie bags after where even better with some great sample products and yummy munchies like Lindts new Crunchy Caramel bars Mmmmmm....

Also Worth mentioning is the new place I discoved at mac centre selling churos... check out below and stay posted for an update on weather these are as good as they look - a certain spanish miss an I will report back soon...







Farewell Friday...


A favorite Mate to spend a friday night with drinking and generally getting up to mischief recently made a big decision to leave his very stable employment... no further comment on that - however it did give way to friday nights actually having an excuse to drink and dance... the brief was PARTY!

I took this as a great excuse to try out my new Betty Draper inspired purchase from Origami Doll, a label that I fell over during an enforced (yes enforced, I swear there was no getting out of it, no possible other things I could have been doing or apartments I could have been helping renovate) shopping trip to paddington a couple of weeks ago.

I teamed that with my red bow allanah belt and matching shoes...
Speaking of shoes do see the uber sexy heals on my pretty side kick to mischeif below.



 PS- the smiles on our faces couldnt be helped whilst gushing about the attractive males on the other side of the camera...

More Soon

Danni
xoxo

1 comment: