Friday 17 February 2012

Love is in the air ...

To Market to market...

A certain strapping lad and myself have been meaning to check out the growers markets at flemington for some time... About three years but hey we're city dwellers mainly and its sooooooo dam far to flemington (as boy points out it dose require visas to go that far past where the world as we know it ends)  

Moving past "our life of upper middle class suburban oppression!"

Boy is quite the handy man and requires tools (insert obvious pun here :P) 
hearing that the markets have some great hardware stalls (insert other pun - seriously ppl remove heads from the gutter already :P)  we ventured to discover - true or false?
Turns out TRUE! check out the big kid in the candy store below! 



Later whilst we wandered through all the remaining stalls selling seafood, spices and seriously great cookware, chopping on yummy Gozleme and Mr happily munching down a beef Kebab, I discovered the answer to a question I've had for a while ... 


To maxi or not to maxi?

The issue with myself and the maxi dress stems from this main issue - 
Im not very tall and also I'm not very skinny! 
AND you see designers largely have an obsession with designing maxi dresses in either disgusting lycra resembling fabric, or equally unflattering tube cuts (or sometimes in a value studded extra you get a tube cut lycra maxi!) 
I mean really? who are these tube cuts for? they confuse me more than I have adequate lines to properly describe! 

Maybe just a little rant?

AND GO... 
Are they for really skinny girls? it would appear not as those girls need to create the illusion of having curves, tube cut = fail for them ... 
Is it for pear shapes? no they have hips an arses, tube cuts empisise both these things and again fail, further confusion! 
Maybe for apple shapes? cant see that either, apples are like really skinny girls in that they also need to create the illusion of having curves, and a tube cut lycra dress would look more like walking apple pie then apple of the eye! 
Finally I know they're not for hour glass figures like mine because they look bloody awrful on me, case closed! 

Back to the issue at hand- I've finally found a maxi dress that is not only a cotton blend - has a nice Sass & Bide-esq pattern but also has a great Aline cut, for those who will understand ~


'I sound my barbaric Yawp!!!'

see pics below :) 



I highly recommend making the packed lunches and several 'getting psyched' efforts to go to these fabulous markets - Did I mention the loverly dress only cost Mr $10? Double win!




Valentines day!

The lead up to this yearly event is always anxious, if your in a couple then there's always the debate about wether its a hallmark holiday, no longer worthy of acknolowgement or a legitimate excuse to show each other you care? 
If your single it's the perfect opurtunity to exercise your inner miranda (SATC) cynical side... right up to the nailbittingly anxious on the day wait to see if indeed YOU will receive any of those 'mystery' roses that turn up on the hot blondes desk all day! ( I mean who needs that many roses???) 

SOoO naturally (such an attractive specimen) eligible bachelor #1 has asked me to dinner ... 2 Q's
what to wear? what to buy him?

I've been told to meet at a location at a time, I have no further details and the weather is hot and muggy- I need an out fit that can go from dressy to sundressy (its a word!) with just a few simple moves ...

I choose my new Mrs Press dress (still left over from the enforced shopping trip a few wk-end's ago -it was so enforced! DONT JUDGE ME!) 

I wear it with a simple long gold chain, red chandelier earrings and Allanah Hill red bow heals or if we go casual my tan jewel studded flip flops ...



Oh and the other issue... I buy him a new Xbox game  :) 

Snaps for bachleor #1 who has left a trail of bread crumbs that lead to me finding this on the table ...



V.spoilt - check out what it contained below :)



We might keep this one on rotation for a while me thinks... xo



Hats, Coffee and the Allanah Hill Holygrail! 

I have fair skin and my fair share of freckles, I have to apply gradual tan every day just to look healthy and non-vitamin deficient, I also have a nose that goes red if it even senses sunlight falling near it! solution - I NEED A HAT :)

Cue my new Dotti bowler! isn't it just Tre Cute!

I thought it was perfect for a girly N.Sydney lunch date with my two stylish sisters...

Worn with Miss shop yellow polka dot dress, Vintage belt and necklace, Sportsgirl sunnies, Allanah Hill yellow bow hair clip and Wittner cream leather wedges!



And again the next day when i caught up with a friend over the best coffee and sambo I've had in ages! seriously those who work in parramatta should try the coffee shop next to the asian place and before gosh- its great! 


Worn with Bulgari sunnies, Glassons blue linen dress, vintage earnings and necklace and my current shoe obsession my tan Love Story mules from Runway Girl!


Whilst I was whirling around this week I made a massive discovery!
I found an Allanah Hill sale! OK- I can feel the eye rolls from here (yes I said feel! they're intense those eye rolls)
It wasn't an ordinary sale though - it was a fantastic sale! 
It had the holy grail of Allanah Hill items...'My Beautiful Clown skirt' in red in my size!!!!!  
AMAZING, I have been looking for this skirt in a 12 or 14 from the time it came out 
(about 12 months). 

This is also a quiet achievement as the first time myself and the skirt in question entered the confines of a change room - It really wasn't pretty, it was another episode of Danielle bearlette in a change room with an item of clothing seemingly made for a child's play toy.

Today I took in a size 12 - it's still tight (more work to be done) -however it fits :D 
It zips up the entire way AND the pretty red jewel buttons each do up... did i mention its a 12??? WIN!

Isn't it just gorgeous... proper pics soon I promise! 




More soon

Danni 
xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment