Friday 3 February 2012

Rain rain go away come again a non-fashion day!

Sunshine on my window...

Feeling completely chipped this week as the sunshine has disappeared and been replaced by a kiwi esq grey cloud, humidity and bucket loads of rain.

Friday night rolled around and after having had an epicly unpalitable week combined with Sydney's current weather and its complete disregard for boots belonging to a winter wardrobe and frizzy over blow-dried hair being very out of style... to quote a dear friend "I wasn't feeling the love"!


I need to mention that I think there should be a refund option available on some weeks, I would have liked the option this week of saying;
'yea - thats not going to work for me - scratch that and lets start again'. 

Im just saying!


Curled up on a chair in my kitchen and watching the rain fall, sipping contentedly at my second long black of the day and fielding texts from friendlets on 'the plan' for that night I finally decided to accept that I was indeed heading out into the weather that night and my mission was clear ... find something to wear!




My thoughts were instantly drawn to the idea of dresses and tights with boots and a hot blazer - yes you say that would work ... Think again - thank you humidity!

The rain ruled out my absolute love affair with peep-toe styled heals (many of which are Peeptoe shoes if you haven't heard of them check them out now, I claim no responsibility for the addition like side effects) & my current collection of sensible shoes were proving uninspiring ... I thought all may have been lost... then lightbulb - DENIM!

Denim daze... 

being a little on the curvy side and having an hour glass figure means I have a volatile relationship with jeans, it always takes me ages to find a pair that are comfy, look great and don't give me massive cupcakes!

I often find myself in the change room of a General Pants or other "In crowd"store, half a jean leg on and unmovable past my knees- I'm looking at the label and it says 14? I'm very confused as I'm sure they meant adult and not kid size and yet they really would fit my arm...Suspect!
Did I mention that for the pleasure of not being able to properly fit into the jeans (after doing a contortionist act to finally pull them above your fanny!) you get to pay 1/3 of your weekly wage to take these gems home stash them in your wardrobe and never never never wear them? yep women we make oodles of sense alright!

I have wisdom to impart for cheap, comfortable and fashionable jeans that actually last head to Dotti!
I recently lost 20kgs and have thus gone through the above denim shopping dance several times. Im in love with my dotti dark denim skinny legs and my mates can attest they have been a regular occurrence on my weekend wardrobe roster, best of all they gave me change from $50, Ooooh yea coffee time!

The final verdict...

After cruising my collection of silk camis and cute blazers heres what I finally landed on;
My cute new black forever new 50's bustier cami teamed with blush coloured cropped leather jacket (love the Balmain esq sleeves on this jacket and the pale pink colour gives it such a cute 'pink lades' effect.), Toni Biancco Black Suede bow front pumps and my Dotti dark denim jeans!







Now wheres that dam cocktail? 

Danni

xxoo









No comments:

Post a Comment